Getting a Chromebook
You get a school Chromebook for each student in your family. (A cell phone isn't enough for classes!) To get a Chromebook, please send an email to our librarian Lilian Ventura.
If it is difficult or impossible for you to afford wireless access, Renton will let you use a district Wireless Access Point. To get district WiFi, fill out this form.
If you're not sure where to go for classes:
- Use your Chromebook to go to the Renton Schools homepage at rentonschools.us
- Then click on the button in the upper right that says “RSD LOGIN PORTAL.”
- From that page, click on “Google Classroom” and “Instructure Canvas” to get to class webpages. (Some teachers are using Google Classroom; some are using Canvas.)
- To see your courses in Google Classroom, you may need to switch your Google account. To do this, click on the picture or letter in the upper right corner of the screen. From the menu that appears, select your school Google account. The address of your school account will look something like email@example.com
- If you have a period 6 class on your schedule, that class is taught on the Edgenuity website. For your Edgenuity log in and password, email your INDEP STUDY teacher, who is either Ms. Anderson, Dr. Dubb, Mrs. Browne, or Mr. Kovacs.
The district has made some clear, short videos that describe this in detail on their digital tools page.
If you have any technical issue with a school Chromebook, check the district hardware help page. If you still have questions — including trouble logging in — please fill out our computer help form and we'll help solve the problem.