Health and Wellness
Local Health Resources (click on the titles):
Crisis Text Line: Visit crisistextline.org or Text HOME to 741741
Lifeline Crisis Chat: Visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org to chat with crisis centers around the U.S.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Love is Respect: Visit loveisrespect.org, text “LOVEIS” to 22522, or call 1-866-331-9474 to talk with a peer advocate to prevent and end abusive relationships
National Eating Disorder Association: Visit nationaleatingdisorders.org or call 1-800-931-2237
Disaster Distress Hotline: Visit samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline or call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUS to 66746
Recovery HelpLine: Visit warecoveryhelpline.org or call 1-866-789-1511 (TTY: 206-461-3219)
DRUG & ALCOHOL PREVENTION RESOURCES
Abuse of Prescription Drugs
- Learn more about the abuse of prescription drugs
National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens - The Science Behind Drug Abuse
- This outstanding website is designed for parents, teachers and other adults involved in the lives of 7 to 18 year olds. The website emphasizes the science behind drug abuse.
- The Parents Resource Center provides advice and stories from parents and professionals about drug prevention, intervention and raising healthy teens.
Partnership for Drug-Free Kids
- Learn how to prevent your child from getting involved with drugs and alcohol. This website helps parents tackle the real everyday issues they face in raising health teens. See the latest information and practical advice to help you keep your child healthy, safe and drug free.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration
- This comprehensive website has information on a wide variety of substance abuse and mental health issues.